View Single Post
Old March 30, 2006, 07:37 PM   #5
kjdoski

I've spent lots of time working and driving, and have yet to have a situation where my seatbelt inhibitted my draw. Lean forward, shift slightly left, and draw; NBD. I've done this drill literally hundreds of times in training, both from the driver's seat and passenger's seat - never had a problem. You WILL, of course, most likely "laser" your right leg during the draw and pivot, so Safety Rule #3 is paramount here...

Crossdraw is more convenient while seated, no doubt, but doesn't conceal as well, for me, so isn't worth the effort of putting on and taking off holsters. A "Driving" holster would be theoretically ideal, but I don't have $100 lying around for a good one, so I just make due...

One thing I did learn, the hard way, was that changing carry locations to suit vehicle use/dress is NOT a good thing. One one pretty hairy occassion in Haiti, when the crowd was getting restless and shots were starting to ring out; both my partner and I (lifelong strongside hip holster guys) were slapping our empty right hips looking for our pistols, forgetting we were using shoulder rigs over our BDUs...

YMMV, of course...

Regards,

Kevin

Page generated in 0.02754 seconds with 8 queries