View Single Post
Old November 9, 2005, 02:59 PM   #43
stephen426

I think the first thing you need to do is to take distance into consideration. If the threat is greater than 50 feet, a well aimed shot is better than a spray and pray. Realistically, I'm not sure how many of us can hit a target while we are moving. Your skill level should also be a major factor. If you are a very good shot and the other shooter is shooting all over the place, I would take a well aimed shot and try and take him out (It beats spraying lead until we both run out of ammo and have to bludgeon each other with our pistols... Glocks are not great bludgeon weapons! ).

The flip side to that is shooting and then moving since the shooter may also get "lucky". I would definitely stay on my feet though since crouching decreases mobility. I would consider crouching if it was a really long distance shot (more than 100 feet) and there really wasn't any cover at all (assuming that I have to shoot because he either has a weapon drawn on me or is already firing upon me).

I guess this is another reason why we should practice at greater distances. One other major factor is the number of bystanders near the other shooter. I know self preservation is important, but I would not spray and pray in a packed area. Besides, I could always use the other people as cover! Just kidding!

Page generated in 0.03378 seconds with 8 queries