View Single Post
Old August 13, 2012, 08:00 AM   #11
bedbugbilly

Doc - congrats on your new chapter in BP - sounds like you got a nice pistol!

I haven't started reloading yet but wanted to make a quick comment -

Even though it is "at your expense" on the learning curve - what you are going through is helping a lot of us that are on the brink of getting into reloading. Your problem with the primers is something that I would never had considered - I assumed (which we all know what "assuming" does) that seating the primers would be a snap with a press but obviously you have to develop a "touch" for it.

I hope you'll continue to post your experiences as the answers to your questions are extremely helpful and a lot of info that is usually learned through experience is going to help others to avoid the pitfalls that all of us have when we first try something new.

Since this is a CAS forum as well, I hope that at some point a sticky will be added in regards to the tricks of the trade for reloading BP cartridges. A lot of info can be picked up off of the reloading threads but I have to believe that BP cartridges are an "animal to themselves".

Good luck in your new venture my friend and we are all gaining a lot from your experiences and the advice of the "veterans of BP cartridges".
If a pair of '51 Navies were good enough for Billy Hickok, then a single Navy on my right hip is good enough for me . . . besides . . . I'm probably only half as good as he was anyways. Hiram's Rangers Badge #63

Page generated in 0.03916 seconds with 8 queries