View Single Post
Old November 28, 2018, 07:18 PM   #1
LineStretcher

Marlin Trapper 45-70 Govt.

I did a ton of research on Remington and found out that the bad actor investors had for the most part departed. There are out of Chapt 11 with a new group of mostly pro second amendment investors and a beautiful restructuring plan. The have invested a lot of money in re-tooling and have restructured their product lines in a way that makes more sense to the consumer. The Marlin line is getting back the way they used to be and the Trapper is a fine example of the direction that the company is moving.

I was unable to determine what they had planned to do with a lot of the sub-par products that are in inventories around the world but I would hope that at some point they are able to absorb them and expedite their reputation recovery.

With total confidence, I bought the Marlin Trapper today and although I have not shot it yet, the fit and finish of the rifle is top notch. It's at least as good as my pre-64 Model 94 Win 30-30 in that respect.

The stock is a laminated composite that looks and feel fantastic. I would say that it is at least as nice as any of the Boyd's stock that I have. I would not argue if someone said it was a Boyd's. I can't say it because I don't know.

The rifle has excellent peep sights that are easy to bring to the eye but also includes a long Picatinny rail that could accommodate a scope or red dot easily. My dog (Buddy) has sniffed it over and gives his solid approval.

Page generated in 0.03732 seconds with 8 queries