View Single Post
Old May 28, 2000, 06:31 PM   #1
Therapydude

When I took my concealed carry course, the instructor insisted that two calibers, .25 ACP and .32 ACP, should never be used for concealed carry, as they are severely limited in power. He also had some lame story about a bar fight in which a guy got shot in the face with a .25 and the bullet did not penetrate his skull (the recent tragedy in Florida would seem to dispute this). The instructor insisted that nothing under .380 should ever be used for defense. Although I agree with the instructor (to some extent), I simply cannot find a "pocket pistol" in at least .380 for summer carry. I'm 6'2", 195 lbs, and I usually wear khakis or jeans. I looked into getting a Kel-Tec P11 or P40, but it was simply too large for concealment in my pocket. Now I'm looking into a P32 or the Berretta Tomcat. Unfortunately, both are chambered in .32 ACP. Is this cartridge that underpowered? Is there any particular ammo (such as Glaser safety slugs) that can increase the lethality of this round? Any input would be appreciated.

Page generated in 0.02797 seconds with 8 queries