View Single Post
Old September 12, 2013, 03:26 AM   #20
Double Naught Spy

The clerk faced a less-than-determined robber and as a result, came out unscathed. So for the situation, he did well, but not because of good tactics. People often win with poor tactics, but often get slaughtered as well. So just because it worked this time does not indicate that this what should be learned by others for the future to try to repeat in similar situations.

Quote:
That thing moved fast and there was no time to plan it out "according to the book".
No situation like this is ever perfect, even with many many many "professional" and "tactical" classes, eduction, theory, practice, etc, ad infinitum.
The clerk did what he had to do at the time, the best he could. In a nano second or two.
The second guessing seems to me like Major says, Monday morning quarterbacking.
Actually, there was time. In fact, for the draw, even more time if drawn to a retention firing position. He may have done the best he could, but that doesn't make it the best way.

As for Monday morning quarterbacking, if you are passing any judgement yourself, and you are, then you are just as guilty of that which you suggest we are doing, LOL.

Page generated in 0.02681 seconds with 8 queries