View Single Post
Old February 18, 2013, 02:04 AM   #31
DASHZNT

Re: If you shoot a home intruder...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jager.30-06 View Post
google castle doctrine. LEO told me keep your attention on the perp, he might get back up. call 911 and keep it short and sweet" someone has been shot, here is my adress, i need police and paramedics here now." hang up the phone. if possible ( if the guy is dead, or ran off) put your weapon down, identify yourself as the resident and comply with all orders. remember to communicate clearly " I was in fear of my life. and that of my family". no, you will not automatically be arrested as long as it wasn't your mother-in-law lol, or someone you have any sort of relation to or with. do not tell the 911 operator "i just killed a guy"..."I blew that fools head off" etc etc. remember you are recorded when you call 911 so don't say anything that could be used against you later...he also said advised me not to watch the guy die then call police, u have the obligation to have help on the way, I can't speak for everyone on this forum but I hope to never have to take a mans life, I will if need be but do not relish the idea like some internet badasses. But if he is still a threat, by all means shoot again!
I completely agree with you on this one buddy. Thats why I have a .44 Magnum ready to protect my family and home. Usuallt after making contact with a perp with one of those rounds, a followup shot isnt necessaey but if so, that will do the trick.

Whar most people dont understand is that its your obligation to seek medical help for the perp. Even though they would have taken your life, it shouldnt be your intention to take theirs.. even though they deserve it. In todays day and age, using a firearm is a big deal and society will definitely judge you and you must defend yourself. First against the perp and additionally against the legal system designed to punish the good citizen, You!

I agree with calling 911 and letting them know to send ambulance and police and youll wait for them, goodbye. Then call attprney and get advice, or better yet.. call your attorney before it even happens so you already have the advice you need for if and when it does occur. Then if you get taken in, the only call they get is to assist you with the bs.

Page generated in 0.02550 seconds with 8 queries