Thread: Resizing issue
View Single Post
Old October 23, 2012, 08:59 AM   #24
F. Guffey

“Case length shrunk back to about 1.998" We both should know that the length of the case is the most insignificant measurement. ‘pluralistic’ a word not understood or used in the world of reloading.

“ Full length sized it and length grew to about 2.001". “Reloaded it then fired it” keeping up with more than one thought at a time. I am the fan of reducing case travel, there is case flow and case stretch. You fired the case 47 times with flow only? and no stretch? Back to the length of the case from the case head to its shoulder and there is chamber length from the bolt face to its shoulder, now we are talking about your Sammie chamber and full length sized case, in the real world that is a conflict, there should be a go-gage length chamber and a minimum length case, or a full length sized case or a new factory sized case that is = to minimum length/full length sized (who measures before and again after).

I have no exemptions, when the shoulder of the case moves?* forward the first time and the case head is held to the rear of the chamber the case shrinks in length when the case fills the chamber, without an exemption my necks pull back when the case fills the chamber, again, I am a case former, from start to finish some of my cases shorten .040”, the shrinkage? as in the case getting shorter is a must, if the case did not get shorter the neck could get pulled off (separate). In the perfect world the case forms to the chamber and remember there is more than one chamber design.

*“shoulder of the case moves?” We both should know the shoulder did not move, the new shoulder is formed when the case expanded, again, I am the fan of air as it applies to time being a factor, when the case expands and fills the chamber air between the case and chamber escapes, air is a fluid, it flows.

‘pluralistic’ then there is the other chamber used when describing ‘head space’ that is chamber that allows the case to run to the front of the chamber when the firing pin strikes the primer, in that situation the shoulder of the case is at the shoulder of the chamber, as we all should know if that happens there is a gap between the head of the case and bolt face, keeping up with more than one thought at a time, when pressure builds and the case fills the chamber the case locks onto the chamber THEN! the case head moves back against the bolt face, we both should know when that happens the case body is locked to the chamber leaving the case between the case body and case head to stretch, and you did this 47 times with a minimum length case and a go-gage length chamber. If the 47 time fired case was being driven to the front of the chamber by the firing pin strike your cases would have stretched between the case head and case body, you measured case length, had you measured the length of the case from the case head to the case shoulder you could have could have determined the effect the chamber had on the case when it was fired. I determine the effect the chamber will have on the case before firing, as I have said, I am the fan of cutting down on all that case travel.

then there are bench resters, they have all the exemptions, when I do it the way they do it I do not get the exemptions. I am the fan of cutting down in all that case travel.

F. Guffey

Page generated in 0.02578 seconds with 8 queries