Thread: Hog Hunting
View Single Post
Old July 23, 2010, 10:11 AM   #9
twobit

The pig bomb is a true WMD. Just wait awhile and they will be in CO. They are spreading fast here in the Texas hill country, and are a major problem. In this area they infest another 50 miles north every 5 years. I shoot all of them that I see, and let the buzzards have it. I shot a 350+ pounder last week on my place. They wreck the fences and eat the baby goats, sheep, and deer. Getting so bad around here that I have put up a corn feeder to go off at night and hunt it from a blind. Sometimes one or two males will come in, and sometimes two or three sows with 12-18 piglets will show. I have to stay up till mightnight or 1 am for them to come to the feeder. One shot gets one hog, then they usually dont come back for the night. I cant trap them because I will just catch my goats. All the ranchers around here would just about tar and feather anyone they find seeding a new area with live hogs for hunting. I have a dedicated pig gun, a Remington 760 30-06 carbine with laser and a red varmit light. My feeder has a green led kill light under it. Texas Parks & Wildlife has stated that we will never get the hog explosion under control even with shooting, trapping, and snaring, they are just too prolific. My area is prone to the yearly natural summertime anthrax threat, so they have issued a dont eat warning for any preditor or scavenger, of which the hog is both. That rules out butchering the small pigs. The big adults are just too nasty to bother with cleaning, especially at 1 am in the morning. I wish we could round them all up and drop them on Osama!

Page generated in 0.03562 seconds with 8 queries