View Single Post
Old May 24, 2010, 10:29 PM   #68
cannonfire

Because the BP told the guy that he was under arrest and he refused to get out of the car. Since they were placing him under arrest, they had every right to break his window, and use a taser. They even paused and told him that they were going to do it, but he wanted to make a video. If you get pulled over, and they said get out of the car, the dog sensed drugs, and you don't get out of the car, they would do the same thing, not just in the case of the BP. They had reasonable suspicion with the drug dog, but again you dont see that in the video. And, when I was in Iraq we had MPs with drug and bomb sniffing dogs, none of which made any noise when they suspected drugs or explosives, they simply sat down. So the argument that the dog did not make any noises means nothing because the dog may have been trained to sit instead of bark. In which case he was denying the police officers their right to search the car without a warrant but with reasonable suspicion. Any LEO on this forum will tell you all they need is reasonable suspicion and just because you say it was not good enough does not mean you can deny their suspicion. Its the same if an LEO says he smells pot in your car, you can not deny his suspicion by jumping up his nose and say that there is no pot odor there.

This pastor guy is a freaking joke. If he is trying to preserve our rights, he is doing it all the wrong way, he is in no way corroborating with LEOs and should not be taken seriously. He compares a simple immigration check point to Nazi Germany. Illegal aliens are not just at the borders, but they are deeper in the country as well, so the distance from the border should mean nothing. I would have no problem with every state conducting immigration checks, even states nowhere near a border.

Page generated in 0.02796 seconds with 8 queries