View Single Post
Old May 13, 2009, 11:16 AM   #15
Fingers McGee

Quote:
Colt making another blackpowder series? I dunno. Over at gunbroker.com I have been seeing Colt 2nd generation Dragoons, Navies, Walkers you name it up for auction with opening bids around $800 and no takers. Many don't have a single bid on them. These are NIB and they are not selling.
I've been buying (and occasionally selling) 2nd Gens on Gunbroker and the other auction sites for about 5 years. The ones that don't sell and seem to hang around forever are the ones that are overpriced as compared to the Blue Book. 2nd Gens (and Sig Series) revolvers that have opening bids set in the 98% to NIB values of the Blue Book usually don't stay around long; and, depending on model, sell at or above the BB.

That isn't always the case, though, cause I've seen some sell at rediculously high prices as well as bargain basement prices (Like MCBs cased Pocket Police).
Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee - AKA Man of Many Colts - Alter ego of Diabolical Ken; SASS Regulator 28564-L-TG; Rangemaster and stage writer extraordinaire; Frontiersman, Pistoleer, NRA Endowment Life, NMLRA, SAF, CCRKBA, STORM 327, SV115; Charter member, Central Ozarks Western Shooters
Cynic: A blackguard whose faulty vision see things as they are, not as they should be. Ambrose Bierce

Page generated in 0.02324 seconds with 8 queries