Thread: Women of TFL?
View Single Post
Old May 6, 2009, 02:25 PM   #20
Shorts

Long time ago I would have supported an extra room for the ladies, but the last several years have allowed more time to understand that ladies don't need it here on TFL.

Just an easy example offhand is a ladies section of another firearms related forum. It was put in specifically for the ladies, and while it started with a flare, it has since slowed quite a bit. Nothing wrong with it, but it's been one example of several attempts for ladies only section. They don't normally work out on the scale originally hoped for.

I've grown up a tom-boy...hanging out outside with the guys when the rest of the girls were inside in the kitchen. That hasn't changed much. Offroad forums, firearms, motorcycles, sports, even my work pursuits, are ones that are traditionally male-dominated activities. Sure I get irked just the same as anyone having a bad day. But this is me and I'm grown up enough to understand it.

Anyhow, I don't think a ladies forum would do well. I've seen it several times before and can only suspect one here would dwindle just the same.

Page generated in 0.02538 seconds with 8 queries