View Single Post
Old November 24, 2008, 11:44 PM   #32
wpcexpert

HOGDOGS, me and you would get along famously. I was in SC for 4 years. While the pigs don't get the tusks yall have down there, they can grow em big. A buddy and I took his 80 pound black lab down to the state forrest one night. It was 2 weeks before deployment and we were looking for some action before we left. Anyway, we went down to the swamp, drove the roads with the dog in the back, looking for hogs with the Q-beams. Well we saw a pack and stopped the truck. That dog played bay and catch. Seperated a 150 lb sow from the herd, and bayed. Long story short, went to the dog and hog, 200yds with knives and surefires. Got to them, they took back off back towards the road. Went back and Champ (dog) had that sow by the tail going round and round. Flew and stuck her thru the shoulder blades then behind the shoulder.

That was by far the hugest adrenaline rush ever, ever. When we got to the hog my buddy didn't have but a 4 inch lock blade, I had the Rambo first blood knife. She grabbed him by the pant leg and shook her head like a pitbull. Then I closed her down.

Backstraps were 30 minutes from field to the grill. We killed another before we left.

Killed pleanty more with the bow. I love to shoot hogs with a bow. The squeal they make after an arrow goes thru the shoulder is priceless.

zjeepgozweeln :
As far as a side arm, Don't worry about the extra weight. Put the .308 where it needs to be and call it a day.
When once a republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.
- Thomas Jefferson

Page generated in 0.03522 seconds with 8 queries