View Single Post
Old December 30, 2006, 09:38 PM   #6
UniversalFrost

If it still is in the .303 brit then that would be good. I personally love my Enfield’s. I am a fan of the good old slow but reliable round.

I lost count at how many deer I have taken with my Enfield’s. The .303 is a good 150 yard and under round, but is still effective at 300 yards depending on the gun.

Here are some pics of one of my no. 4 Enfield’s I saved from some bubba who tried to sporterize it.

Before:
(not me in the background)
After:

Started out as an old and weary No.4 Mk I Enfield that had been sporterized before I bought it. After purchasing it for around $100 I added a side mounted scope mount and a
Simmons 44 mag scope (the pic shows an old crappy tasco I had lying around before the simmons arrived). Now a nice scout model Enfield. The stock was replaced with a synthetic Monte Carlo style stock from ATI and bolt/firing pin spring were replaced with
a 20# BlitzSchnell spring. Both were purchased from Brownells. The barrel was not true so it was shortened to remove the bad section and the original blade sight was replaced with a high visibility fiber tipped blade. The metal was then parkerized. Black teflon match grade trigger from huber (with improved creep control). Still uses the 10 round mags (not shown), but I bought some new aftermarket mags on midway that are nice and easy feeding but kinda squarish.

Great gun

"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati" (when all else fails play dead) -Red Green

Page generated in 0.03523 seconds with 8 queries