View Single Post
Old September 25, 2016, 12:59 PM   #8
Gunplummer

You gotta love that "A case" information. How is this for "A case": Years ago I read an article in either OUTDOOR LIFE or FIELD AND STREAM. A guy shot a black bear and wanted a rug made. The bear had a leathery patch on it's forehead that he assumed was a rub mark. The taxidermist skinned it and there was a hole about 2 1/2" big right through the skull, with scattered shot in the bone around the hole. The photos were in the magazine. They figure a turkey hunter called it in and shot it from a few feet away. This is not an internet story or "A guy told me" case. I have an old GAME NEWS magazine with a story of somebody shooting a bear with a .222 while hunting. Plenty of stories of undergunned people hunting and killing bears, but they usually do not fair to well with an attack.

Anything is better than nothing. I used to keep a .45 Auto on me when I camped out near Yellowstone. Over the years there were quite a few people being drug off in sleeping bags. I figure if you stick it in their ear and empty the clip, it has to better than nothing.

Page generated in 0.03207 seconds with 8 queries