Thread: CZ97B vs 1911
View Single Post
Old July 9, 2001, 03:41 PM   #8
ddt4free

Good Points Bart

Thanks for a well thought out and articulate response.

I agree, the thickness and height could make alot of difference for IWB carry. Especially true for smaller framed men and women or those in warmer climes. I just didn't have the guns or figures handy or I would have provided them.

Quote:
You could of course choose not to carry the extra rounds; but if you aren't going to use the capacity - why carry it?
Reliability , Accuracy, and Expense are the only reasons I can think of. But even those reasons don't hold much water against a really well made 1911(if they exist, I've seen em on tv anyways).

I would offer this for all to ponder though. I know a guy big enough to conceal a desert eagle(maybe even two in winter). I only wanted to provide a more scientific analysis of the question because I feel it would not be prudent to recommend against the 97 without seeing the person asking the question.

My gut feeling is that I would not have a problem with either gun in small of back with some sort of over shirt. I couldn't carry either with just a tee shirt for cover though.

If there were more civil and intelligent exchanges like your own, this would be a much better forum. thanks -ddt

Page generated in 0.02517 seconds with 8 queries