View Single Post
Old March 16, 2013, 12:51 PM   #19
tulsamal

Quote:
Gun ownership in the USA is now only 34% and declining.
Don't use the numbers thrown out by the anti groups. I'm highly suspicious of that number. I live in a very rural area but our local stores have been sold out of guns and ammo since Dec. Somebody is buying all that stuff and it can't all be former gun owners. Any trip to a gun store lets you quietly listen to the crowd. And there are lots of people out there saying, "Let's buy them before they ban them." Any kind of direct empirical observation should tell us that the number of gun owners is going up. Just like I must conclude it did in 2008.

It's the old Occam's razor. Which is more likely to be true, which is the simpler answer? The number of gun owners is going down or the number of gun owners responding truthfully to poll takers is going down? If your phone rang and somebody asked you if you owned guns, what would you say? If somebody with a clipboard approached you at the mall and asked you if you owned guns, what would you say? I know my local doctor's office tried to ask me on a form if I owned guns..... I wrote, "None of your damn business" right on the page.

Gregg

Page generated in 0.03351 seconds with 8 queries