View Single Post
Old April 25, 2011, 01:16 AM   #60
TenRing

I read this thread and I was going to stay out of it until I read Ringolevio's post. He basically summed up how I feel about this issue.

Crime is so bad now that the last thing you want to do is draw attention to your car, your money, your gun or any other valuable property. When we are out and about, my wife turns her wedding ring around so the stone is into her palm. I remove my wallet from my back pocket and carry it out of sight in a front pants pocket or in a jacket pocket with a zipper.

The absolute last thing I would want to do is advertise to muggers that I'm carrying a gun and where on my person I am carrying it. Today's criminals are irrational, likely doped up and they usually work in teams of two or three.

The muggers and carjackers are not as afraid of your gun as some may think. They might see this as a challenge to bum rush the armed citizen and take his gun. The less they know about me and what I have on me, the better. Two of our best weapons are our brain and the element of surprise. The gun comes in third.

Page generated in 0.02082 seconds with 8 queries