View Single Post
Old September 6, 2008, 07:26 AM   #2
mykeal

The CVA Frontier was available in two models and several versions.

The regular Frontier had brass furniture and a 28" octagonal barrel, but it was also available as a carbine with a 22" (I think) barrel. There were flintlock and percussion versions and left hand versions as well.

The Frontier Hunter had blued furniture and a 24" barrel, color case hardened lock and an adjustable rear sight. The later versions had a laminated stock. It also came in a carbine version, but all were percussion, I believe.

To answer your question, replacement ramrods are readily available in many materials, made to order or as a kit.

$20 is very suspicious. If you are new to black powder I'd be very, very careful. The entire worth of the gun is in the barrel condition, and the only way to check that out is with a bore light. The bore must be clean and shiny, all the way down. It should also be checked for bulges by running a tight fitting dry cleaning patch on a jag down the bore. The barrel should also be removed and the area under the stock checked for corrosion.

The other issue will be the condition of the lock; it should be removed and inspected with a strong light; also cycle the lock and look for smooth operation and lockup in both half cock and full cock sear locations.

Page generated in 0.03390 seconds with 8 queries