View Single Post
Old December 15, 2005, 09:29 PM   #17
Remington kid

Smokin_gun , What you state may well be what you believe but it doesn't make it so,Lol. I ,like you have been at this a long time. Started in BP when I was 12 and I'm 59 now so I'm not the new kid on the block as you seem to think.The Remington #10 slides on the nipples of 4 of my Remington 44 cylinders as if they were made for them. Nothing forced or hard about it. The German made #1075 fit just fine also, just a hair looser. If you are happy pinching caps then have it , I'm sure no one will care. I can't even remember the last time i had a cap fail to fire or foul the works.You should know by now that not all the nipples are not created equal and one Remington may like CCI #10's and the other may like Reminton#10 and another , like yours may like #11. Nothing new there. I have had #11 fall off even after I pinched them right after I got my Remingtons years ago and decided that's not the way to go.Thats when a old gun smith I know who made all his BP guns from scratch and told me that if you have to mess with a cap to get it to stay on you need to do some work.Ever hear of chamfering your nipples with a file in a drill press so that #10 fit perfectly instead of useing over sized #11? That #11 may fall off some day when a big bore is running at you.
Please believe me when I tell you that I know what works and what doesn't with the Remingtons and I sure don't agree with some of your advice. That doesn't mean that I think your wrong, it's because I'm willing to accept the fact that I don't know it all and that is a trait that you seem to be lacking for some reason.
It's great to offer help or an openion , thats what this site is all about or at least the way some of us try to keep it. Thank's for your openion but your facts or what you try to state as fact is lacking. Keep your mind open to the fact that all revolvers may not act the same as yours and you will be fine.

Page generated in 0.02629 seconds with 8 queries