Thread: 80% lower build
View Single Post
Old June 9, 2014, 07:10 AM   #1
skizzums

80% lower build

hey guys, just wanted to share my experience with a polymer 80% lower build. it was an awesome learning experience and recommend it to anyone who has access to a mill, i cannot however, recommend it to anyone that wants to do it only with a drill press. not saying it cant be done, but i have a hard time seeing how it could be done correctly.

so lets start, i ordered the 80% lower from James Madison Tactical, i didnt have to deal with the CS, but the product was great, the instruction were easy enough to follow and the rice was pretty awesome. 99$ for the lower and the jig. i wanted to go cheap since its my first time and didnt wanna mess up a 200 kit.

my parts included the DPMS lower parts kit(59$), the Phase 5 pistol buffer tube and spring kit(60ish$) Slick-Side upper reciever from MAS defense(75$) and the mid-weight 300BLK barrell also from MAS defense(145$ and an awesome company by the way, had a ton of newb questions for CS and the were quick and kind) barrell nut and free-float tube from ebay(40$ wish i could remeber the name cause they were great) and pistol-length low-pro tube from ebay(19$) i think thats everything
oh yeah, i tok a chance on the brake, it was 21$ and had mixed reviews, mine is great, straight and threaded nicely, i can get the name if anyone wants it.

Page generated in 0.02305 seconds with 8 queries