View Single Post
Old November 7, 2009, 08:18 AM   #10
gyvel

Quote:
WRONG! It doesn't matter how you get the C&R gun, if you possess a C&R license at the time of that purchase you must put it in the B.Book.
Here we go again. I'm embroiled in a "discussion" on another forum about this very same thing. Lots of "laws" getting thrown around, etc.

After probably half a dozen calls to 3 different ATF field agent offices and one I.O. supervisor, I was told unanimously that (in so many words) the 03 C&R allows you to purchase C&R firearms through channels that a non-licensee cannot use (out of state, etc.). Beyond that, it confers NO special rights or privileges.

And what all the ATF people told me is: If you purchase a weapon that just coincidentally is a C&R but you did NOT use your license, i.e. you bought it on a 4473, in their eyes it is the same as any other 4473 purchase, and you are just "John Q. Public." (This is where the "no special rights or privileges conferred" comes into play, and the law pertaining to the "bound book" DOES NOT apply.)

But, even though four different ATF people told me the same story, I am going to submit the question to WVA next week and get something, one way or the other, in writing, and hopefully put this to bed for good.

Last edited by gyvel; November 7, 2009 at 08:25 AM.

Page generated in 0.03768 seconds with 8 queries