View Single Post
Old August 29, 2006, 11:13 AM   #14
DOCSpanky

I gotta side with MBR, unless you live in some huge mansion, very few homes have that many open spaces over 15 feet. In your home defense plan...... (you do all have one right?)..... you should know basically the easiest entry methods that someone may exploit into your home, and have your fields of fire pre-selected. Therefore ANY shotgun, even the frugal .410 is gonna remove a serious chunk of flesh or leave a good size hole at home defense ranges.

I still get such a kick out of people who go out and spend thousands on an AR-15 , then spend thousands more on mindless accessories, 100 round drum magazines, laser sights, scopes with which you could see the rings of Saturn, and are no safer than a guy with a well rehersed plan, pistol or shotgun that he usually uses for target or hunting hobbies, and a phone.

The reality is this, the best item for home defense is a small to medium dog that makes lots of noise. They typically have great loyalty to their master, unlike large dogs who tend to share dominance, and will attack a bad guy no matter their size and give their life in their masters defense. Thereby giving you time to blow his head off for hurting your dog, which attacking a pet in a home has and will continue to stand up in court on the principle that if the perp is willing to hurt your pet, he is willing to hurt you.

I digress, a .410 or 28 gauge at home defense ranges is MORE than adequate to deliver some sweet justice to anyone who might think to enter your home. I will stand next to my 20 gauge anyday with no second thought as to needing to have bought that 12 gauge.

At 15 feet it will be like "Lorna" said in Lethal weapon 3; "Riggs, with a shotgun, if he were any closer, I wouldn't be here!"

FWIW DOCSpanky

Page generated in 0.02412 seconds with 8 queries