View Single Post
Old December 18, 2005, 05:52 AM   #13
Smokin_Gun

George Thank you for the Happy Birthday wish.
I have always said the tighter the tolerance the more accurate...what you said to me that i told you was it doesn't have to be an equal chamber to barrel. That was your arguemnet and what I was tryin to explain to you.
A .447 ball does not bounce down a .452 barrel like you thought it did....that's what i said. Nor does a .450 chamered ball bounce down a .460 grooved barrel. On each the lands are still .440 (bore=.44cal) Do you follow that now? you don't have to ream your chamber to .460 to match the grooves. The Colts and Rems back theen were approx. .447 chambers and .452 groove x .440 lands just lke the replicas...follow me now george? If you want to match your bores and chambers there nothin wrong with it, and I agree it may be a little more accurate. But I don't need more accutrate the all shots in a cylinder touchin at 25 yards...Or knockin over steel Ram silouettes at 100 yards... Ya know?
And Merry Christmas to you and yours George we'll be flyin out of here tuesday the 20th for upstate N.Y....I got a 3hr59min be there at 3:01pm or 1501 to you...HeHe! layover in Atlanta if you wanna come visit me ) Hell I'll buy ya lunch..
Admin:http://blackpowdersmoke.com/oldcoots/index.php

Page generated in 0.03192 seconds with 8 queries