Thread: H&R Shotgun(s)
View Single Post
Old May 18, 2017, 06:02 PM   #1
PlatinumCore16

H&R Shotgun(s)

So in another thread someone asked about the new single shots from Savage and the break action shotguns (from what I know) are just clones of the H&R shotties. Obviously if H&R went out of business, I think that their decision is a questionable one, but that's really not my initial point here (sorry for rambling).

My question is: H&R break action shotguns aren't really collectors items, especially the plain-jane 12s and 20s. Seeing as H&R is completely defunct, would it even be worth it to hold on to a mid SN# topper? I was thinking of getting rid of it to go towards my next purchase, but something keeps stopping me. I can't shoot the darn thing because I'm lanky and it punches my cheekbone whenever I do. I have seriously considered putting on a nice brown Pachmeyer pad (the one with the white strip in the material, they just look so darn good) and it would only add to the asthetics, though it wouldn't exactly be true to form. It also might not be enough. Mine is in great condition, the blueing is still holding up, and there are no marks in the wood, though I also thought that maybe a darker stain would look nicer and fit well with the new pad. It also has the case hardened coloring on the receiver. It's a nice specimen, but would it ever actually gain in value?

Thanks, Platinum

Page generated in 0.02832 seconds with 8 queries