View Single Post
Old September 2, 2012, 01:22 AM   #92
snuffy

Quote:
So, one of those "features" of the FCD wasn't as advertised, and you had to go to an 'inferior' die without the oh-so-important post-sizing ring.
I thought you were arguing that the FCD is the greatest thing since sliced bread, from the greatest reloading tool manufacturer in the world?
Very nice sarcasm Frank! Nope, I wasn't saying the carbide post sizing ring is always a good thing. I AM saying that I SOMETIMES use one, But I don't always. It's being used wrong IF you're using it to correct bad loading practices or defective dies.

Quote:
Quote:
The lee FCD taper crimp did not do a good heavy crimp. It's SUPPOSED to do a roll crimp.
So...what you're saying is, the "taper crimp" die, didn't "do a roll crimp"? Say it ain't so. Maybe you should be "more specific".
Okay. It may well have been supposed to be a roll crimp. It crimped a little, then attempting to crimp harder simply resulted in the crimp ring/shoulder sliding down the case mouth further. Looked like a step crimp. It was most certainly swaging the XTP HP's below the cannelure by forcing the case mouth into the bullet. I still have it somewhere, maybe I should return it to see if they make it good? The Redding profile works so good, it don't really need it.

I think this has run long enough. Sarcasm and personal attacks are all that is happening now.

They're going to get their butts kicked over there this election. How come people can't spell and use words correctly?

Page generated in 0.02156 seconds with 8 queries