View Single Post
Old May 16, 2017, 07:29 PM   #5
FrankenMauser

Climate control.
More security than a lock box in a trailer.

Guns in a trailer - especially in a trailer park - are about as safe as cash in a paper bag, on a park picnic table.

Florida is brutal on guns. Oil and protect religiously.
It may not be much worse than what you're used to in SC, but it was quite an eye opener when I moved into a house 150 yards from the Gulf ... from bone-dry Utah. Perfect example: My Super Blackhawk went from having good bluing and no 'mechanical' defects in the finish, to growing fury brown crap all over it, and showing micro pits that were not there previously. ...In just two days.

If you go for commercial storage, make sure the place has working cameras, records the feeds, and keeps the footage for at least a couple weeks.

I had a motorhome in a storage place for about a year, while I was living in an apartment and looking for the right house. One of the times that I went to check on the RV, I noticed that some one had tried (drunkenly?) to remove the VIN and inspection stickers and tags from the body (some states title the body instead of, or in addition to the chassis VIN). And it appeared as if some one had jimmied a window open and spent a few nights sleeping inside.

When I checked with the owners in the office, I found out that all of the cameras in the vehicle parking area were dummies, and that they didn't record anything from the working cameras, anyway...

Page generated in 0.03788 seconds with 8 queries