View Single Post
Old June 18, 2001, 01:23 PM   #1
Kobra

Reloading Presses

What a loaded question this is...? I have asked this from people at work and people on other forums and it is hard to get enough of the same answers to make a decision.

Basically when I get my dad's barn completed we are moving some stuff out of the garage into the new barn. I will FINALLY have the room for a reloading press(es).. I have been studying reloading for two years (reading posts, talking to people, buying reloading manuals, etc). Anyway I want to make one purchase and not second guess myself.

Here are my requirements:

1. At most, I need 400 rds a month total.

2. I will reload pistol, revolver and rifle.

3. I will probably eventually load wildcats - 40 Super, 445 Supermag, 440 Corbon, 30-378, etc.

4. Currently I own a 45, (2) 9mm, 44, 300 Win Mag, 30-06, 243, and a 308 is real soon too.

5. Order of Importance: Accuracy, Being Available to Load Hard to Find Locally Ammo, Component Matching (this bullet with that powder), Cost Savings, and Possessing larger quantities of ammo than what I normally buy.

I like the Horanday Lock-N-Load die system. Dillons 550 and 650 are recommended along with RCBS 2000. They all appear good.

Also what dies are the best for my purposes? Redding appears to be a good accuracy-minded die.

Thanks for any input.

Page generated in 0.02225 seconds with 8 queries