View Single Post
Old April 3, 2014, 03:01 PM   #34
Unclenick
Staff

Cut and paste? That would have been way too easy.

Actually, I have no idea why my eye lasered in on just the one instance. You are cut and pasted now.

If you keep resizing, the case keeps getting smaller, up to a point. I've frequently recommended that folks not able to get range foundlings down to size for their chambers that they can get another couple of thousandths or more shoulder setback just by running the case back into the sizing die and counting to five and withdrawing and rotating it and doing that again. The die seems to move the grain dislocations a little every time, and letting it relax a few seconds seemed to help, too, when I first came up with the idea. But that was long enough ago that I didn't prove it statistically. I'm more patient now, and should probably run the experiment again and in a more controlled fashion.

As to the amount of overload needed to get the die down, that's likely an artifact of the die being screwed into a short cantilevered beam on the Summit rather than at the top an "O" frame, as it is in the Rock Chucker. It's not as rigid, so it flexes more. But it could also be the linkage design. I'd have to examine the two side-by-side to be sure where the flex or stretch was coming from.
NRA Benefactor Member and Golden Eagle

Last edited by Unclenick; April 4, 2014 at 07:15 AM. Reason: Thought it upside down and fixed it. Not a good day.

Page generated in 0.02703 seconds with 8 queries