View Single Post
Old November 27, 2013, 12:18 PM   #21
Dreaming100Straight

Yep. And if I don't interfere with a smooth swing (revert to aiming and stopping the gun) it breaks them rather nicely. I tried setting the POI on the Plate. The field next to it was busy so I had to work quickly but it seems about right the way I set it up. 1/4" to the right and 1/8"+ elevation. I think it shoots about 2+" high at @16 yards. With the changes my mounts seems less reliable and I will recheck this after doing a few days of drills. Here is a pic taken of two shots. The one on the right went off as the barreled veered to the left. Other than that the two shots are representative of what I was doing. Full choke lower barrel.

I was trying to follow what Neil Winston suggests for checking POI, but he does that sitting with a bench rest. I think to determine just where the barrels point at and that may be my mistake. I want to determine where the gun shoots as mounted.

Target 4's horizontal line is 3" long. I think the test is pretty poor as I am probably steering or aiming too much, as opposed to staring at the cross hairs, mounting and shooting.

Last edited by Dreaming100Straight; November 27, 2013 at 12:36 PM.

Page generated in 0.03482 seconds with 8 queries