View Single Post
Old November 2, 2013, 02:46 PM   #123
swmp9jrm

Quote:
What's a "hater"? Someone who has had a bunch of problems with Taurus and mentioned them here? Or are you calling those people liars?
I consider 'haters' as those folks whose 'second cousin's brother's nephew's sister-in-law's next door neighbor said they had a crappy Taurus gun' - they seem to do the bulk of the Taurus bashing. I absolutely do not question that there are folks who have genuine problems with Taurus guns - just like there are folks who have genuine problems with virtually every brand. So, no, I'm not calling those folks liars.

What irks me is that Taurus seems to garner more 'I had a problem so I'm never buying a Taurus again' comments. There are many, many threads on most every forum that sound like the same song over and over. All I'm saying is that, based on my experience, I don't see the reason for the hatred. And I would say that despite the small number, a sample of twenty or so guns purchased over a period of 10-15 years in widely different parts of the country offers a reasonable snapshot of the brand - if the quality is as bad as some make it sound you would think we almost certainly should have gotten a problematic gun by now.

Trust me - I am not a Taurus fanboy. I have most every brand in my inventory. There are a lot of them that I like better than Taurus. Some of them I've had issues with, but that has not caused me to say 'I'll never buy another one'.

Page generated in 0.02827 seconds with 8 queries