View Single Post
Old November 6, 2012, 07:24 PM   #15
snuffy

TANSTAAFL. There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch.

This modern world is so centered around instant gratification. Ultra fast internet, cell phones so you can be in touch with anybody anytime. They also don't want to do things that may take some time and work. In reloading that includes a magic load for every gun, handed to them on a silver platter.

People look for shortcuts all the time. You simply have to spend the time and components to see what WILL work in your weapon. Or look in several loading manuals for what some will list as the most accurate load they tested.

IN MY EXPERIENCE, I have never had somebody elses pet load work well in one of my guns. Problem is; you can almost NEVER get EXACTLY the same components he was using. Even if you could match everything, they would be from different lot numbers.

An internet load that's checked in a manual to be sure it's NOT over recommended load levels might be a good place to start. Especially if the "what are you going to do with it" matches. As in, for hunting deer, or long range match loads. Good experiences with a particular bullet or a powder that gave a bit more velocity is important info.

They're going to get their butts kicked over there this election. How come people can't spell and use words correctly?

Page generated in 0.04177 seconds with 8 queries