View Single Post
Old February 27, 2001, 10:34 AM   #8
Jeff, CA

I went thru the same thing: full power loads and factory hard-rubber recoil pad the first time around; reduced-recoil buckshot and a good recoil pad the second (definitely recommend the latter, 'cause it's always there, regardless of what you feed the gun). I also think there's an element of conditioning, because I had absolutely no recoil-related problems the second time around, but it's hard to believe it was just the ammo and recoil pad (but who knows?).

I'd also suggest you give your bead sight another chance. I made 100% hits, in time, on all the slug shots the second time around, with a bead. With some dry practice and test firing the gun so you know exactly where it shoots, you should have no problem getting the same results.

PJR, it's more like 600 rounds, and full-power loads are not required. IIRC, it's something like 250 birdshot (light dove & quail loads OK), 200 buckshot (low recoil OK) and 100 slugs. The more difficult part for me was getting up and down from sitting, kneeling, prone, etc., in the heat.

Page generated in 0.02450 seconds with 8 queries