View Single Post
Old February 27, 2000, 08:10 PM   #12
Edmund Rowe

cjb and blades67:

Now how can anything I say compare to what blades67 said??

What I was going to say is:

Many times in shootouts apparently the eyes and therefore the shots are drawn to the opponent's firearm. Examples:
-Agent Edmundo Mireles in the FBI shootout in Miami, 1986. He was hit in the left forearm and managed to fight VERY well shooting a shotgun one handed (a pump gun, mind you!) and then going to his revolver to finish the fight.
-In the same fight, Supervisor McNeill was hit in the hand or wrist or something.
-Read Blackhawk Down and several US soldiers were hit in the hand or arm in the huge street battle in Mogadishu, Somalia.

My point #1 is sometimes feces really does happen and you're still in the fight trying to keep a bad day from getting worse so you gotta manage with one hand. Hopefully some previous practice gives us the better attitude of "I know what to do, I've done this before!" instead of "OH [color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color], WHAT DO I DO NOW???"

I have to admit I didn't think of all this when I got my present carry handgun, but fortunately, my Glocks work very well for either hand and 1-hand manipulation. Anyway, I think DLRaw has an opportunity here to find out some of this stuff in advance before he drops the $$$.

..and let me make myself perfectly clear
V V (Richard Nixon)
..this IS potentially very dangerous so practicing it empty first, then going in
S--L--O--W M--O--T--I--O--N is a good thing. This is a BAD time to find out an internal safety doesn't work as advertised!

Hope that helps.

Edmund

Page generated in 0.02260 seconds with 8 queries