View Single Post
Old August 28, 2008, 06:26 PM   #53
David Armstrong

Quote:
David, It is super smart to realize that once your perp has left he knows you own guns...
And all the evidence available tends to indicate burglars will try to avoid homes where they know somebody may be armed.
Quote:
They are a high ticket black market item... I know a "clean" (not reported stolen) mossberg 500 can bring $500 and a hi-cap handgun can bring a grand if also not reported stolen. Now the perp tries to burglarize when you ain't home but your child may be.
If that really worries you, get a gun safe and teach your child how to shoot. Not sure why that would be a worry but having a gunbattle with the child in the house doesn't bother you.
Quote:
I see every burglar as a potential murderer and will treat any inside my home as such....
Few burglars are murderers, and you may certainly choose however you wish to treat them inside your home. I would suggest that while perhaps it is psychologically rewarding to shoot them, in reality it is far more likely to result in only making the problem worse.

Quote:
Glenn, He will be dead...
Many have made that same assumption, only to be proven wrong. It ain't Hollywood, the good guys don't always win.

Page generated in 0.02587 seconds with 8 queries