View Single Post
Old April 4, 2008, 08:39 AM   #19
Mr. James

Spade Cooley,

I love that story. Simply brilliant!

I have been the source of law enforcement's tender affections more often than I care to admit. I have a couple of "horror" stories that were really nothing of the sort - just a cop putting the fear of God - and jail - into a snot-nosed punk running wild.

In my adult encounters, not all of them pleasant, the officers acted professionally and civilly - with the exception of one disgrace with the Metropolitan Police Department in Washington, D.C.

Even there, stop the s[color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color]ing, please, I met up with some really fine officers, including one who rapidly defused a rather ridiculous situation that could have gone very, very badly for me.

That officer, Robert Remington, was later murdered by a suspect while responding to a burglary of a business in Georgetown. Requiescat in pace.

http://www.odmp.org/officer/11171-of...bert-remington

"When law and morality contradict each other, the citizen has the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense or losing his respect for the law." —Frederic Bastiat

Page generated in 0.03493 seconds with 8 queries