View Single Post
Old July 10, 2013, 01:25 PM   #32
damo450

Wow!! What a debate i have started.

Thanks everyone for your input. I have an LCP (so does my wife) both with CT lasers on them and they are dead nuts accurate. Never failing. But I keep my AZ edition in the safe and dont carry it. She carries hers some and I would have to admit she loves the laser.

(On a side note. I had a good friend buy a LC9 with that junk laser max on it. I threw it away, after hitting it with a hammer. he yelled and cursed me until I went and bought him the CT.)

We keep about a dozen surefire lights laying around the house and in vehicles in case of home invasion/break in etc. But I have to say one thing. I have never seen mentioned so much before. All this talk of shooting in the dark and using the laser for it. That is not a very intelligent statement. The best tool for low light shooting IMHO is a good set of night sights for precise shot placement. The ONLY tool to use if attempting to shoot in the dark is a good light. Because if the light is on then it's not dark.

Like I said, I am more of a rifleman and when I do carry, its open or hidden in my bag. I am trying to embrace CCW. I have taken several carbine classes and this whole shooting in the dark argument on here is scary. Light up the target like the griswolds house on Christmas then double tap center mass. But for the love of God dont go shooting in the dark. There are children in many homes. And for any new shooter to get the idea a laser is a good item to have for home defense should they get the bright (dim?) idea to shoot in the dark is a very, very, very bad tid bit to be remembered.

Tonight I pick up the Sig P938. Smokin deal and I am a sig man. I will get rid of a P220 for a 1911 (sig of course) and do some training on that silly SAO trigger. Should be GTG. This has been a lively conversation folks!

Page generated in 0.04422 seconds with 8 queries