View Single Post
Old June 2, 2013, 08:08 PM   #16
Captchee

Quote:
A TC Hawkin is only superficially traditional, coil springs in the lock etc. What about a traditional style rifle
ok , i have to ask . what about the use of a coil spring makes the rifle not traditional ?
Did coil springs not exist, were they not used in firearms of the period ?
They were you know . Maybe not the lock design that TC uses but still found in period locks .
The whole TC and Lyman issue is , IMO not an issue . After all , if so and we want to complain about a spring , why not complain about cast locks used even on high end traditional muzzleloaders . How about modern barrel steels , CC trigger and lock parts ……

Quote:
Conversly, what about an inline that is designed for #11 percussion caps and has a barrel designed for patched roundballs and uses iron sights?
Today 04:02 PM
that would depend on the actual ignition design . Myself , I cant see that as an issue
inline plunger ignitions in flintlock date to the early part of the 18th century . I personally wouldn’t want to shoot one , but ha , the option is most certainly there if you would like to ware a face shield all day while hunting .
percussion plunger and even bolt ignitions date to the mid 18th century .
possibly even the base for the needle ignition system .

how about something like the Nock box lock design .
OHH wait i forgot Hall used that design on their rifle . which by the way out produce the Hawkens rifles by 10s of thousands

something to think about

Page generated in 0.03051 seconds with 8 queries