View Single Post
Old May 3, 2013, 10:42 PM   #3
jmr40

Older Japanese made Tasco's were pretty good scopes for the money. I'm talking about 1970's-1990's. Newer Chinese made versions, not so much. They have earned the Trashco nickname.

The Bushnell Banners are in about the same category. The better Bushnell's are a decent scope.

At about $150 a Nikon Prostaff is about the bottom end for a decent scope. I cannot think of a less expensive scope I'd trust. Even then there are a lot of very good scopes selling for about $200. While the Prostaff is acceptable, $50 more gets a much better scope.

The Burris FF-II or Redfield Revolution would be my top picks in a budget priced scope. The Vortex Diamondback, Leupold VX-1, Bushnell Legend, Nikon Buckmaster, and Weaver Buck Commander are also possibilities.

Any of the scopes in the $100 and under price range MIGHT work, at least for a while, but if you ever move on up to a decent scope you'll understand why and never go back. And while that cheap scope MIGHT work, the odds are much better once you move up just a small step.

Page generated in 0.02800 seconds with 8 queries