View Single Post
Old February 14, 2012, 11:27 AM   #17
Gbro

Quote:
There was a younger kid in the house, so allowing their oldest son to keep a loaded .22 in his room leaning against the wall, was IMO, negligent parenting.
I have to also agree on the "Negligent Parenting" claim.
Quote:
Her 17-year-old son had left for school and her husband for work. She was home with her 10-year-old son,
Here in MN, a child is anyone under 18 years old(is there a state that differs)? But I will concede that 90+ % of firearm owners with a 17 year old will allow that child access to a firearm and we think nothing of it until it is used in a criminal/negligent way.
Back when my children were young all my firearms were somewhat to fully accessible to any one of them at any time and I thought nothing of it other than stern warnings about never touching one.
Then one day while out of town at an EMS conference the Wife and I were eating dinner with another couple from a small rural community and during the meal they received the terrible news that one of their children was killed when another was handling a gun that was just as unsecured in their home as were my own!
My gun safes give enormous relief from this.

Page generated in 0.03364 seconds with 8 queries