View Single Post
Old May 21, 2010, 08:32 AM   #75
riverwalker76

Well ... let's put it out there so everyone can understand what I REALLY mean.

You might catch the Army carrying them, but I don't know of any Marine that will, would, or has.

Dry enough for you?

Try waving that big 1911 at Haji when you're kickin' doors. Then you'll see what I mean. As for those who think you can shoot better under stress ..... load up your tool of choice....... sprint 200 yds ... stop and immediately pop off a few mags without taking a break. Then you will see what I mean. That's STILL not close to Condition Black, but at least your heart rate is up.

For those of you who are curious about what I'm talking about .... I'll explain it best I can.

Condition Red
Specific Real Threat

In Red, your observations are such that there is no doubt that the threat is real and your life, or lives of loved ones, is in real and immedate danger. You have taken action to avoid the threat, when it first appeared, and formulated a plan of action, and are now carrying it out. You have also drawn a "line in the sand" or a "mental trigger" that will determine when you will deliver your defensive response.

When the line is crossed, you WILL deliver your defensive response, as by now your response has been determined, and the plan has been made. There is no hesitation, as your response is instantaneous.

Condition Black
Line in the Sand Has Been Crossed.

Simply put, this is where you deal with the threat. At this point you survival depends on the level of training that you have, and your ability to control your mind.

This is where the Combat Mindset comes into play.

Combat Mindset

This quite simply, is the state of mind that replaces fear, in a life or death situation, with the knowledge that you have trained for this, expected it to happen at some time, and are ready, able, and willing to handle it.

You are at a level that you are not allowing fear, doubt, astonishment, or surprise to enter your mind. You have the confidence, through training, to handle the situation.

You do not think of fear or being killed, you think of what you know will get you through, and that is the front sight, and your training.

Last edited by riverwalker76; May 21, 2010 at 08:55 AM.

Page generated in 0.03430 seconds with 8 queries