View Single Post
Old December 27, 2006, 08:54 AM   #30
jsflagstad

Chef,

I have heard that a super sturdy mount for the Loadmaster is a must, and it will take some of the issues out of the Loadmaster. Do you find this to be valid? Maybe it allows one to "feel" what the press is doing better. I have loaded thousands of rounds on my dad's Dillon 550, so this should be a good comparison for me. I have seen the Hornady press at the local Gander here in town and it certainly looks like a good one too, and certainly is robust.

I noticed that with the Dillon you also needed to "feel" what the press was doing, and that thing would install a primer upside down or sideways from time to time as well so they are not without their problems. The other thing that I never really got comfortable with on the Dillon was priming on the up-stroke. I am sure it is totally fine and acceptable, but it always seemed weird to me and the area where I would most likely screw up. Maybe this is the what that most progressives are, maybe this is what that the Loadmaster has, I don't know.

I did order the extra parts that everyone recommended with the loadmaster. I thing it cost me like $10 extra.

I plan to set it up taking my time and reading every bit of instruction (new to me) and viewing the online videos. I have never been let down by a Lee product when I have used it properly, so this should be another good experience I am hoping.

JSF

Page generated in 0.03545 seconds with 8 queries