View Single Post
Old June 25, 2002, 01:45 PM   #1
Red Label

Hogdon H110 Warning?

Hi there. I just started reloading for my .44 mag revolvers this past February. I have probably loaded between 500 and 1000 rounds. I have always used Hogdon H110. I got a Hogdon load booklet with my Lee Anniversary reloading kit, as well as the Lee reloading manual. So I have plenty of load data for my needs.

At any rate, I have always used the standard rule of reducing the Never Exceed loads by 10% up until this last time, when I reloaded 200 rounds. It just so happens that I was just flipping through what I thought was some non-relevant part of the Hogdon booklet when I noticed a paragraph that said when using H110, reduce Never Exceed loads my a maximum of 3% or it's possible that the bullet will lodge in the barrel and cause a blow-up on the next firing. What?!?!?! Needless to say, I thanked my lucky stars and corrected my loads (along with reading ALL of the booklet through).

I have never noticed a problem shooting 90% loads. But I take this warning seriously. So you would think that Hogdon would put an asterisk by their H110 load tables and put that warning where someone could see it without reading the booklet in its entirety. Am I wrong? Should they have done this to avoid liability? (And yes, I know that I should read everything through all the way too.) And I don't recall the Lee reloading book saying anything about this either.

Page generated in 0.02871 seconds with 8 queries