View Single Post
Old November 19, 2018, 12:24 AM   #35
Rachen

Quote:
One night late in the evening I driving home. I live out by the country and was going down an old two lane farm to market road. I passed another pickup and I noticed in my rearview mirror them turning around. They came up on me at a high rate of speed and then whipped it over on me forcing me off the road. My front end hit a barbwire fence. They (3 men) piled out of the truck mad and yelling at me in broken spanish (Sorry for you politically correct folks, just telling a story, nothing racist about it.). From what I gathered the driver was angry because he felt I blinded him. The driver headed for my door, the outside passenger headed for my passenger door, and their middle passenger pulled the bench seat forward and was pulling something out from behind the seat. I opened my door and stood up with a 1911 pointed at the driver. He started yelling at his friends and I could not believe how their courage vanished so quickly. We're sorry sir, thank you sir, have a nice evening sir, we are so sorry sir for what we did, never again sir, etc. etc. etc. I drove home and called the county sheriff's office to tell them what had occurred and to tell them I pulled a pistol. The shift Lieutenant laughed at the story and pretty much said, " Well I bet they won't do that again."
All right. That is scary right there. And I am very glad that you producing a handgun resolved the situation very effectively. The presence of the gun saved you and quite possibly the lives of these guys too.

Because if I were in that situation and I did not have a firearm on me, and upon noticing the events highlighted in red happening right before my eyes, I really think that I would have flipped the switch right into full CQC mode. The only thought that would be going through my head would be: "So that's it...I will probably never see my mother, father, or sweetheart again". And with that, it will be kill or be killed. Either two things are going to happen:

1: I deploy one of my fighting knives and go right for the driver. Since he is almost at my own driver-side door, it will be a quick and decisive matter. A massive thrust at the neck with C-pattern twist and take him out right then and there, and immediately go for the same on the second perp entering my passenger-side door. The third one is quite possibly trying to get a gun from that truck? Whatever it is, my only option then would be to do a prison-yard rush on him and try to take him down too...And all the while praying that if he shoots, I don't get hit. OR:

2: Gun the accelerator all the way to the floor and ram the front vehicle as hard as possible. That would probably keep the third perp from getting to his gun and the collision might even be enough to put him out of action. And THEN deal with the other two using the knife. Either option, it is going to be a brutal, bloody and barbaric affair. If I want to make it out of there alive, then there seems to be no other options once two starts to advance on me and a third one is possibly going for a weapon.

And it really does not help that my mind is wired in a way since very young that I am only able to see the worst things that can happen in any situation. To this day I am still not sure if this is a blessing or a curse, but I think it saved my ass multiple times in the past. Felt a lump in my throat one day at work when I was trying to swallow a cup of water. Lump remained there for several days. But as soon as I felt it, the only thought in my mind was "cancer", and as soon as I got out of work, went for an appointment with my doctor. Turned out to be nothing. And lump feeling went away after a few more days. But hell no, I ain't risking it. That is just one incident.

In this case, the appearance of the gun was really a saving grace for all parties involved. It deescalated the situation and prevented actual blood from being spilled.

Last edited by Rachen; November 19, 2018 at 12:30 AM.

Page generated in 0.03373 seconds with 8 queries