View Single Post
Old August 21, 2013, 05:06 PM   #28
eightclicknine

That was good for a laugh. Regardless, my last cleaning went a lot smoother. I shot probably about 30-36 shots over the weekend. My dad really enjoyed it, first time shooting a black powder revolver. It is surprisingly accurate, and he and I thoroughly enjoyed it. So for cleaning this time around, I prepared a pan of hot water and soap. I removed the cylinder, plunger, and rod from the frame. I removed the trigger guard also, and dunked the frame, cylinder, and plunger in the soapy water. I used a couple brushes to scrub thoroughly. Once the gunk has been removed, i cranked the hot water on the slop sink and rinsed the soap out of the revolver components. Immediately after rinse in hot water, i used a hair dryer to dry the components. I have had the nipples soaking in hoppes #9 since this process began. After the parts have been dried, i hit it with oil and scrubbed. So at this point, i have a clean revolver, in one piece without rust. Well mostly, maybe it is some wear/tear at the bottom of my cylinder. I can upload pics, i just spent some time after work scrubbing it up. Either way, thank you guys, you have been an immense help.

Page generated in 0.03316 seconds with 8 queries