View Single Post
Old November 11, 2007, 01:37 PM   #38
black bear 84

TACM III TACTICAL LIGHT
WITH REMOTE SWITCH

Hi guys,
This light has been in the market for several years, it is a great little light and produces 105.5 lumens. I have five of them installed in various long guns that I use for home defense or plinking at night.

The pressure pad switch is very responsive and the length of the cable have served me well for all of my applications, I have them in a Mossberg 500, a Ruger Ranch in .30 Russian a Mini 14, a Maddi 7.62 by 39 and a .Mag Tech .22 caliber.

I like them for the long guns because they have an excellent range, due to the bigger reflector/lamp assembly than usual (bigger than the Surefire P-60 or 61) and the fact that it is smooth (in my old models) so the throw is much better than is possible in the Surefires using the P series lamps.

Why this little company is not better known, it is a mystery to me, the lights are smaller, lighter (made out of stealth plastic material) and more powerful than normal for this size and weight.
They have resisted well many rounds of even shotgun slug, and in the almost fifteen years that I have them, I have yet to burn a lamp.

TACM III ATTACHED TO THE MADDI BY A WEAVER RING

THIS IS THE TACM III DISSASEMBLED

For pistol work I will still prefer a Surefire with the bigger flood to clear rooms, I am inclined toward the Surefire Centurion III with the P-61 lamp.
But for when the gun is a rifle or shotgun the little TACM III have more range due to a more concentrated beam.

Here is my usual beam shot from 26 yards, with the camera at 12 feet from the deer, you can compare it with the others lights in my thread.

Cheers
Black Bear
e-mail [email protected]

Page generated in 0.02711 seconds with 8 queries