View Single Post
Old May 24, 2013, 03:46 PM   #1
Once Fired

Need suggestions for a massive media separator

Hey all

I now have my cement mixer up & running, and processing my LC brass. I can get up to about 5,000 in one session with dry media.

I am strongly considering going to stainless steel pins, as soon as I move in about a week. I need better access to water instead of just electricity where I am currently setup with the mixer. Can't be too close to people - they tend to get irritated with the mxier running all the time since it's noisy.

But on to my question.

I need to craft a bulk media separator. I would prefer to be able to separate an entire mixer load of brass & material at once, if at all possible. As far as I know, the Dillon media separator is the biggest one, and it won't handle that much at once, by a long shot.

So, I have been thinking about getting a 30 gallon or 55 gallon drum, and converting that over to a separator with hardware cloth & slots cut into the barrel. Similar to the compost tumblers I have seen on YouTube, but designed to drop material instead of designed to hold it in.

I am thinking a 30 gallon would be better for weight, but a 55 gallon would be better for surface area and free fall tumbling action.

Has anyone gone down this road previously?

ZAG
Texas Security Guard Jobs

Page generated in 0.02374 seconds with 8 queries