View Single Post
Old February 16, 2001, 10:51 PM   #3
sw627pc

You have just rediscovered what has been found numerous times over the years. On paper the .22 LR looks better, but most specs are done in much longer barrels. When compared in similar guns the .25 and .22 perform very similarly. But the .25 ACP is more reliable in feed and function in the very small handguns (the .22 is too long and skinny, and has a rim). Some of the most interesting ammo for the .25 is no longer available. I still have 10 rounds of the stuff (don't even remember the maker) but the bullets are the hollow ring solid brass stuff. Very effective for what they are, but still not up to much more than an annoyance unless you are very lucky. Or as one friend of mine said about such guns, they are "ear guns", put the muzzle into the bad guys ear and say "listen to this"! They have certainly worked over the years, at least sometimes. But they have failed even more often. I used to know a Modesto cop that still had his old issue Model 19 with a .25 slug stuck in the stock, after it passed through his hand. He didn't even miss his return shot.

Page generated in 0.02441 seconds with 8 queries