View Single Post
Old May 2, 2009, 10:56 PM   #6
EastSideRich

The scary thing is I can see all four of the dissenting justices (from the Heller case) being replaced in this term. I would even guess, although it's a little conspiratorial, that they will be persuaded to step down by this administration.
If they can replace 4 liberals (and just one conservative) with young, more "radical" justices who will remain seated for twenty or more years, well, you can imagine what will happen to our constitution.
We already have heard what the criteria are for His supreme court appointees:
In Barack Obama's words:

Quote:
"I want my justice to understand that part of the role of the court is to look out for the people who don't have political power," Obama said. "The people who are on the outside. The people who aren't represented. The people who don't have a lot of money; who don't have connections. That's the role of the court."
Quote:
“[W]e need somebody who’s got the heart, the empathy, to recognize what it’s like to be a young teenage mom. The empathy to understand what it’s like to be poor, or African-American, or gay, or disabled, or old. And that’s the criteria by which I’m going to be selecting my judges"
No Barack; it's not the role of the court, and not how you should be selecting Supreme Court Justices!!

Page generated in 0.03435 seconds with 8 queries