Thread: Dog attack
View Single Post
Old June 16, 2005, 09:30 PM   #85
stolivar

stun gun

I carry a stun gun. It is a last resort kind of thing. the dog spray that they let us use has only .035 % of pepper in it. That is less than 1%. basically useless. I have use the stun gun on several dogs that have tried to latch on to me with their teeth. Works very well. this is not a lite stun gun. But a very fast double capsitor model of 600,000 volts. Yes a dogs reflexes are very fast. I only pull it out if I think it is a very agressive dog. 95% of the time if I hit the button and spark it the dog backs off. I think either the sound of it or the smell of the spark is what they don't like. It is a very loud and high pitch buzz and not a crack. I have used the stun gun on 5 dogs that have got to close. every one was on the nose. Almost all of them did a backflip and ran away very very fast. Like I said it is a last resort kind of thing. The main defense is to get your bag in front of you to kind of block them. Most of the time they will latch on to the bag and not you. Sometimes that does not work and they go straight for your face. I have had pitt bull, doby's german shepards attack me. I once had a german shepard sic'ed on me. I have only been bitten once in 24 years the rest of the attacks I have came out the winner. I have great respect for what a dog can do to you, but I am not afraid of them. I have hurt quite a few pretty bad through out the years. I have alway had the law back me up afterwards. I love dogs, I just don't like mean dogs.

steve

Page generated in 0.02943 seconds with 8 queries